Since its formation in 1798 the unit has undergone many changes from its original function of Cavalry, through the Royal Artillery, infantry, the Royal Signals and finally to the Royal Logistic Corps. With some changes, this has also required a change of cap-badge to coincide with their changes of role.
Watlington Troop raised
These units did not form a county regiment, being entirely independent of each other with an establishment of 50 men.
Three more troops raised 1. Bullingdon, Dorchester and Thame Troop 2. Wooton Troop 3. Bloxham and Banbury Troop
Three more troops were raised
1. Oxford Troop
2. Ploughly and Bicester Troop
3. Woodstock Troop
Troop establishment raised to 80 men.
Bloxham and Banbury Troop expanded to squadron strength
North-Western Oxfordshire Regiment of Yeomanry Cavalry
This was formed by the Woodstock Squadron (now increased to 3 Troops) and the amalgamation of the Wooton Troop.
1st Oxfordshire Regiment
All units disbanded, but several squadrons and troops retained with Royal approval, but without pay and allowances and at no cost to the government.
1st Oxfordshire Regiment restored to the official list in the role of yeomanry.
1st or Queen's Own Regiment of Oxfordshire Yeomanry Cavalry